In the profitable e-commerce eBook “How to keep up with customers and successfully sell in 2022?” for the E-commerce w praktyce magazine, I present 8 essential tools for the work of an eCommerce Manager based on the Shopify PLUS e-commerce system. Link to the full e-book.
1. Excel. The tool allows preparing an online store budget, calculating the main e-commerce metrics, such as gross margin, net margin, CR (conversion rate), COS (cost of sale), and ROI (return on investment). Excel records the main e-commerce department costs, which include e-commerce experts, marketing, e-commerce tools, customer service, inventory, and logistics, among others. The spreadsheet can also be used to export and import store data, e.g., products.
2. Google Analytics. The tool to track traffic in real time, to verify marketing effort and revenue by traffic acquisition channel, to monitor user behaviour, and to select attribution models.
3. Google Search Console provides analysis of a website’s organic traffic, monitors the accuracy of its indexation, verifies and intercepts 404 errors. It also provides the option to check the number of queries with a store’s key phrases.
4. HotJar. A tool that analyses user behaviour on a website (heatmaps and clicks). It also helps prepare hypotheses for the A/B tests.
5. Google Optimize. It can be used to test hypotheses that increase conversion rates or to verify the results of the A/B tests in terms of revenue and number of transactions.
6. Asana. A tool that I use to manage e-commerce projects: breaking down tasks for experts, making sure that a project flow is correct and on schedule.
7. Shopify Plus. An enterprise system designed for B2C e-commerce: product management, analysis of key sales statistics, system integration with external services, such as payments, logistics, and applications.
8. Semrush. A tool to analyse industry trends, select key phrases for SEO, analyse backlinks and check competitor activity and strategy, and plan marketing campaigns with SEO in mind.
eCommerce Manager at Paul Rich – multimillion jewellery premium watch brand. Shopify & Shopify PLUS consultant, blogger and ex-founder of napnell.pl